[Gate-users] Process for Photon Evaporation

Hermann Fuchs hermann.fuchs at meduniwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 12 10:11:10 CET 2013

That is an interesting question.

Could you keep me informed on your findings?
If it isn't already in Gate it should be easy to add.
Just contact me and I can help you with this or implement it for you.

Best reards,
Hermann

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 12:22 -0800, Carlos Uribe wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

> Can anyone please tell me which process to add to my Physics list in
> order to see the de-exitation of the metastable daughter?
>

> The parent follows a beta-minus decay which works great except I don't
> see the gammas generated by the metastable daughter.
>

> I am using
> /gate/physics/addProcess RadioactiveDecay
>

> but apparently, Geant4 handles the meta-stable states through the
> existing photo-evaporation code;
>

> How do I set the photon evaporation process?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> --
>

> Carlos F Uribe

DI Hermann Fuchs
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Medical Radiation Research for Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical University Vienna
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
A-1090 Wien