[Gate-users] Gate v6.2 Volume shape

Sonoko Nakano snakano at sfu.ca
Fri Mar 1 09:35:29 CET 2013

Hello Gate user,

I am trying to define a volume of a pyramid shape with the top part is cut into flat for shielding.
In Users Guide V6.2:Defining a geometry, it says that the command line for listing the available shapes is: /gate/world/daughters/info

But when I type this line, I get nothing.

Idle> /gate/world/daughters/info
Idle>

Does someone know how to see the listing of the available shapes in the terminal?
Is it possible to define a volume of a pyramid shape with the top part is cut into flat in Gate?

Also, could someone help me how to define a trapezoid, trap?

The table of Commands of the sub-tree geometry for different shapes says:

setX1Length: Set half length along X of the plane at -dz position
setY1Length: Set half length along Y of the plane at -dz position
setX2Length: Set half length along X of the plane at +dz position
setY2Length: Set half length along Y of the plane at +dz position
setZLength: Set half length along Z of the trapezoid

But I don't understand the meaning of at +/-dz position.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sonoko