[Gate-users] Splitting simulation in the body and the detector

Bastien GUERIN guerin at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 25 01:48:58 CET 2013

Hi,

thanks for your answers. A quick follow-up before closing this thread:
Using the "phase-space" option, it seems easy to interface GATE with
another simulation software. For example, I might want to use SimSET to
simulate photon propagation in the head, which should be relatively fast,
then create a phase-state file that would be read by GATE to continue
photon propagation in the detector (GATE is better than SimSET at
simulating complex detectors).

Has any of you done anything like this before or is this a completely
untested idea?

Many thanks,

Bastien