[Gate-users] source rotation using "attachTo" command

山中 琢 takuyama at med.hokudai.ac.jp
Wed Jan 16 06:33:41 CET 2013

Thank you Marc,

This will explain my problem since I'm not using any movement but want to
simulate my geometry which requires the cylinder-shaped source facing the
X-axis.

So, this means that we still need to use these posrot to setup the source
with complex shape...

Taku

2013/1/15 Marc Chamberland <MarcChamberland at cmail.carleton.ca>

>  Hi Taku,
>
>  Can you post your relevant macros?
>
>  My guess right now, though I have not tested it, is that the attachTo
> command is only for actual movement of the source (i.e. commands under
> VOLUME_NAME/moves/). Commands that are under VOLUME_NAME/placement/ are
> probably ignored. This would explain why you still need to use posrot,
> since it is a positioning command and not a movement command.
>
>   Marc
>

>  __________________________
>
>  Marc Chamberland, MSc
> PhD candidate
> Department of Physics
> Carleton University
> Ottawa (ON)
>
>  On 2013-01-15, at 2:16 AM, 山中 琢
>  <takuyama at med.hokudai.ac.jp>
>  wrote:
>
> Hello GATE users,
>
> I've been working on the rotation of the source.
> I checked through the mailing list and found it should work with
> "attachTo" command.
> I tried it with a simple geometry, but never succeeded. Always only the
> phantom rotates and not the source.
>
> The old method using posrot1 and posrot2 worked but the theory behind it
> is still kinda confusing.
>
> My GATE is ver6.2, is there anyone who did rotate the source with
> "attachTo" command?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Hokkaido University,  Graduate school of medicine, medical physics and
> engineering D1
> Taku Yamanaka
>
> takuyama at med.hokudai.ac.jp

Hokkaido University,  Graduate school of medicine, medical physics and
engineering D1
北海道大学 大学院 医学研究科 医学物理工学分野 D1
Taku Yamanaka
山中 琢