[Gate-users] geant version

Hermann Fuchs hermann.fuchs at meduniwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 11 10:41:42 CET 2013

Hi

yes, you are correct. Geant4.9.5 and Geant4.9.6 should work.
Geant4.9.5 is the officially compatible Geant4 release for Gate6.2.

However I found Geant4.9.6 works well too.

Cheers,
Hermann

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 15:53 +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Sharrock Phillip (RBV) NHS Christie Tr wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Which version of geant is to be used with gate 6.2
> > the readme with gate 6.2 needs versions 9.3 or 9.4
> >
> > see below:
> >
> > For GATE V6.2 : Use of a different Geant4 versions (than 9.3 or 9.4) may cause incorrect simulation results
> >
> > Yet in the Install instructions the version used is 9.5
> >
> > I assume that 9.3 or 9.4 is the correct version?
>
> I use Geant4 9.5 or 9.6 together with the latest version of Gate from
> the GIT repository.
>
> That combination seems to work just fine and developers can help
> (fixing bugs) in case of specific problems. (At least so far I have
> never seen any patch releases of older Gate versions.)
>
> Mojca

DI Hermann Fuchs
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Medical Radiation Research for Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical University Vienna
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
A-1090 Wien