[Gate-users] focused MPH in SPECT simulation

Jingyan Xu jxu at jhmi.edu
Thu Aug 1 01:39:15 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone

I am a new user of Gate.  I would like to use it to simulate focused multiple-pinhole acquisitions  in SPECT.  Suppose there are 5 pinholes focused to the world origin.  I can imagine using the air cones (or hollow Tungsten/Lead cones) to define the central pinhole.  But I am not sure how to define the surrounding pinholes, since in the cone in Gate, the two circular surfaces (at the top and bottom) are always perpendicular to the cone axis. But this is not the case in tilted pinholes (with elliptical flat surfaces).  If I rotate a cone, I could not avoid violating the rules that daughters do not overlap, or extend outside mother volume.  Hope my question makes sense to some of you, in case you have similar experience.   Thank you very much for your help.