[Gate-users] FastI124

Taschereau, Richard RTaschereau at mednet.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 5 19:12:37 CEST 2012

Dear Matthieu,

fastI124 generates a set of particles (gammas end positrons) to mimic a decay; so there is no nuclear decay, no atomic deexcitation.  All particles in a bunch are emitted from the exact same location and then tracked by Geant4 and left to their own fate.

Hope this helps,
Richard

Richard Taschereau, Ph.D.
Associate Researcher
UCLA Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging
570 Westwood Plaza, Building 114, room 4350-C
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1770
Phone: (310) 825-0697