[Gate-users] Any limitations for GATE RAM usage?

Matthew Belley mdb52 at duke.edu
Mon Jul 9 18:16:02 CEST 2012

Dear Gate Users,

I am currently using voxel models (ANALYZE format) for dosimetry
applications.  It is my understanding that the voxel geometry is loaded
into memory (RAM) when the simulation runs.

Aside from the hardware that I am running on, is there any limitation to
the amount of RAM that GATE can use for a simulation? I am hoping to use
models that are up to 48GB in size...

Best,
Matt

--
Matthew Belley

Doctoral Student
Medical Physics Graduate Program, Duke University
Duke Radiation Dosimetry Laboratory, Duke University Medical Center
Durham, North Carolina 27705