[Gate-users] STIR Survey

Kris Thielemans kris.f.thielemans at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:11:32 CET 2012

Dear all

We are trying to find out about who uses STIR and what for. In addition,
we'd like to know what direction STIR needs to take in the future. We
therefore ask you to complete an online survey. We think this will take you
somewhere between 5 and 15 mins (casual users will have less answers to
complete, developers will get more questions). This might be a bit long in
this hectic life, but we felt that having a bit more information would make
the results of the survey much more useful for everyone. Obviously, we will
share the results at the end of the process. We also hope that these results
will be useful in trying to find funding for STIR.

In one lab, many people will use with STIR for the same reasons. Therefore,
one person can fill in the survey on behalf of others (we will take this
into account in the final counting for the "users" questions, but not for
the "developer" questions). Obviously, make sure that if you claim to fill
it in for others that your answers are representative, and that the others
don't fill in the survey as well :-)

The survey is anonymous. At the end, there is the opportunity to give your
name but this is entirely optional.

There's a place for you to fill in your publications that use STIR such that
we can include it in our database (see the STIR web page). Alternatively,
you can just send that information to me.

We will announce this survey on STIR, GATE and SimSET Users lists, and to
members of the PET/MR EU COST action. This means that you might get this
email more than once. Apologies for that. Feel free to forward it to anyone
who might be interested (and didn't receive it yet).

Many thanks to the following people for helping in preparing and testing the
survey (listed alphabetically):
Brian Elston, Charalampos Tsoumpas, David Volgyes, Matthew Jacobson, Pablo
Aguiar, Paul Kinahan, Robert Harrison

Ok, enough. Clearly, the more people fill it in, the more relevant the
survey becomes. So, PLEASE click on

<https://sourceforge.net/apps/limesurvey/stir/index.php?sid=53247&lang=en>

Closing date: 20th of February (I will send reminders to the STIR mailing
lists)

Kris Thielemans
Senior Research Fellow at King's College London
Honorary Lecturer at Imperial College London
Founder of Algorithms and Software Consulting Ltd