[Gate-users] Nentries is always zero

lupa euy lupalagieuy at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 08:53:11 CET 2012

hi everyone,

I terrible need your help.. I am not sure whether this is the correct mailist..
in regard to my root file..

I have tried to read my root file, trying to convert it to either histogram or listmode file..

Everytime I tried to read it, I couldnot get the number of entries.. Number of entries always 0 (ZERO)

below some part of the program (just cut it since too long)

Int_t FromRoot2List(char *filename)
{
  Int_tnentries;
  Int_tnbytes = 0;
  Int_tentry;
  UInt_t etime;

  TFile f(filename);
   TTree *Coincidences = (TTree*)gDirectory->Get("Coincidences");
   nentries = (Int_t) Coincidences->GetEntries();

when I print out the number of entries (nentries) is always zero..  therefore, it wont go to the next step
the file name shows the correct filename..

this is my configuration

THe version of geant is 9.4.p01
CLHEP 2.1.0.1
root 5.28