[Gate-users] How to setting photomultiplier in the SPECT?

Panagiotis Papadimitroulas panpap_5 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 14:13:54 CET 2012

Dear Willie,

Actually in GATE you only simulate the PMT as a geometrical volume (in order to contribute in the scattering).

All the electronics, are simulated in the Digitizer section.  Usually as
 in the benchmark of SPECT, the PMT is simulated as "glass" but it
depends on your requirements.

All the photon detections happen in the crystal.

And the electronics are defined in digitizer as I said before. So you
can define your degitizer according to the user's guide (as detailed you
 need). Hope it helps.

Panagiotis

   Panagiotis Papadimitroulas, Msc
   PhD candidate, Department of Medical Physics
   University of Patras
   Greece