[Gate-users] simulate a X-Ray tube

Hermann Fuchs hermann.fuchs at meduniwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 10 15:40:21 CET 2012

Yes this should be possible. Just create an electron ray of your desired
energy distribution and let it impact on a metal target. You do not need
to concern yourself with temperature.

However, you can also directly create Xrays with your wanted spectrum.
Have a look at the examples folder of GATE.

Best regards,
Hermann

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 16:49 +0330, samira nezhad wrote:
> Hello Gate-users,
> I want simulate a X-Ray tube by Gate and get X-Ray spectrum, such that
> an accelerated electron hit a target and produce X-Ray .
> Can i do this work by Gate?
> Please guide me.
> Thanks,

DI Hermann Fuchs
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Medical Radiation Research for Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical University Vienna
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
A-1090 Wien