[Gate-users] Output

Pietrzyk, Uwe u.pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de
Tue Aug 14 12:49:15 CEST 2012

Hi Pat,

I don't exactly know what is wrong. I can read your file with imagej and
find the situation you have described, i.e.: something looks strange.

I repeated the benchmarkSPECT on different systems using gate 6.0 and 6.1
and found the expected result, but also again problems with the projections,
when reading the file with imagej. I have no clear idea, what is going wrong.

Starting from the benchmark-macros, I simulated a SPECT system with a single head,
three gamma source not in line, but slightly offset in Z and Y in order to detect
the rotation on the projections. There was no motion of the sources. The acquisition
was set up for 60 projections, rotation 1° per sec, 180 sec total ac-time,
100kBq per source.

I've attached the projection file to this eMail for you to have a look.
Format: unsigned int 16bit litte-endian, 60 projections, 128x128 pixel

Maybe, this is helpful for you to understand the principle.

Kind regards,

U. Pietrzyk

/----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Uwe Pietrzyk
Diplom-Physiker
Institut für Neurowissenschaften und Medizin / INM-4
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Tel: +49-2461-61 4763
Fax: +49-2461-61 2820 + 8229