[Gate-users] Re : vGate 1.0 on VirtualBox with two processors

Samuel BURG samuel_burg at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 14 13:58:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

you should check your hardware visualization capabilities & settings in your BIOS/EFI and for your specific CPU version.
because multi-cpu visualization do not rely only on software level.

you should also know that multi cpu visualization is really not very efficient, for GATE we have evaluated :
  1 virtual CPU ~ 95% efficiency
  2 virtual CPU ~ 60% efficiency
3-8 virtual CPU ~ 50% efficiency

this do not work the same way than bare-metal visualization !

Samuel Burg

Mail : <samuel_burg at yahoo.fr>
"People don't learn if they never make any mistakes.
You have to let people screw up so they can learn and grow."
-- Raymond Chen --