[Gate-users] Gate-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 31

Geron Bindseil geron9 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:08:55 CEST 2011

Hello Qiyong Fan,

The global XYZ position of the detection tells you exactly where the
interaction of the gamma ray with the crystal took place. In general, this
could be anywhere in the crystal.

The value is precise because one might want to look at average depth of
interaction, for example.

When you sort your hits into sinograms, then you take away the precision of
the position of detection.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Geron Bindseil