[Gate-users] doseActor showing strange behaviour in certain cases

Yann PERROT perrot at clermont.in2p3.fr
Tue Mar 22 09:58:43 CET 2011

Dear Hermann,

The hit type refers to the dose deposition along a step, not inside a voxel.

For each interaction, a particle is moved along a step and the energy is
deposited along this step.
The hit type "Middle" tells to GATE to deposit the energy at a point at
the middle of the step.
Your case is well known and it is recommended to deposit the energy
randomly along the step which is consistent since processes are discrete
or continuous.

You can find more explanations in the Gate wiki documentation.

Bests,

Yann