[Gate-users] Gate_v6.1 installation problem

Marios Myronakis marios.myronakis at icr.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 13:05:35 CET 2011

Hi Panagiotis,

I had a similar problem with fedora 14 . What I did is that in every
GNUmakefile in the source folder I changed the lines 8 to 9:

if $(G4WORKDIR)=='.'
  G4WORKDIR=../..

ifeq ($(G4WORKDIR),'.')
    G4WORKDIR=../..
endif

the I set G4WORKDIR as:

export G4WORKDIR=path to GATE , e.g  export G4WORKDIR=/usr/local/gate_v6.1

However in my case I didn't have the aida-config not found error.

I understand that this is a bug that escaped the attention of GATE
programmers.

Hope that I helped.

Marios Myronakis

Ph.D. Student