[Gate-users] Problem linking GATE

Didier Benoit benoit at imnc.in2p3.fr
Tue Feb 8 12:56:11 CET 2011

Hi Christian,

You have a problem linking with a library of ROOT (libcore.so). Check if
the lib directory of ROOT is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Kind regards,
Didier

On 02/08/2011 12:39 PM, Cristian C wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are trying to compile GATE 6.0_p01 in an Intel Core2
>   Quad CPU (Q9450) @2.66GHz (64bits) with Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS (lucid) and
> gcc 4.4.3. We have already installed Geant4 v.9.2 successfully, but we
> are facing the following problem when we try to compile GATE:

> source/physics finished
> Using granular libraries ...
> Linking Gate
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lCore
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin/Linux-g++/Gate] Error 1
>
> Please, any advice?
>

> Thanks!

Didier BENOIT, GATE Engineer

Imagerie et Modélisation en Neurobiologie et Cancérologie (IMNC)
IMNC – UMR 8165 CNRS – Université Paris 7 – Université Paris 11
Campus d’Orsay
Bâtiment 440
91405 ORSAY Cedex

Tél : (33) 1 69 15 68 76