[Gate-users] Hi

Uwe Pietrzyk u.pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de
Sun Nov 21 22:57:18 CET 2010

Hi,

it might depend on whether your graphics card can handle OpenGL. I experienced
a similar effect, when diverting the output of the X-Windowing systems onto another
systems, which, however, wasn't able to run OpenGL applications. Another
problem might be, that OpenGL divers are missing or improperly installed.
Also, as a user on a linux system you have to be a member of the group "video"
in order to have access on graphics applications.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

U. Pietrzyk

On 20.11.2010, at 14:40, saeed heidary wrote:

> Hi every body
> My Gate problem in visualization has not been  resolved yet(being log out
> the shell during /vis/open OGLSX)
> I use scientific Linux , I want to test another Linux, any body has any
> suggestion?
> Thanks

/----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Uwe Pietrzyk
Diplom-Physiker
Institut für Neurowissenschaften und Medizin / INM-1
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Tel: +49-2461-61 4763
Fax: +49-2461-61 2820 + 8229