[Gate-users] Variance Reduction Technique on GATE v6...

Park MinJae MJ at ToTi.us
Wed Jun 23 17:09:57 CEST 2010

Dear Thibault,

Yes, It's obviously GATE v6 p01 :)

Anyway, let me clarify my question.

What I want to know is...

1) Is there any other VRTs like forced detection on GATE v6?

2) Is it possible to use VRTs simultaneously?

When I use following two commands...
/gate/physics/processes/PhotoElectric/activateSplitting gamma 100
/gate/physics/processes/PhotoElectric/activateRussianRoulette gamma 50

I got the messange like this.
src/GateVProcessMessenger.cc (l.126): Splitting or Russian Roulette
already activate for the process PhotoElectric.

C++ source of GATE is below:
if(( command==pSetSplit || command==pSetRussianR) &&
pProcess->GetIsWrapperActive())
   GateError("Splitting or Russian Roulette already activate for the
process "<<pProcess->GetG4ProcessName()  <<".");

There is "or" between Split and RussianR.

Cordially yours,
MJ

//=================================================
//  Ph.D. Park MinJae
//
//  Johns Hopkins University
//  School of Medicine, Dept of Radiology
//  Division of Medical Imaging Physics
//
//  DialTo:+1-410-955-2684 (Office)
//  MailTo:MJ at ToTi.us, MJ at JHMI.edu
//
//  Make the Dream True...