[Gate-users] SPECT sinogram

Uwe Pietrzyk u.pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de
Tue Jul 13 23:02:48 CEST 2010

Hi Anne,

assuming you are using GATE version 6, you can find in die WIKI
documentation, that SINOGRAM output is only selectable in the case you
are using a PET system like ECAT.

In the case of a SPECT system, you can use the option: "Projection"
as explained in the manual.

This is what I use to demonstrate the use of projections in conjunction
with a simulated SPECT acquisition.

/gate/output/projection/enable
/gate/output/projection/setFileName SPECT_Camera
/gate/output/projection/pixelSizeX 1.0 mm
/gate/output/projection/pixelSizeY 1.0 mm
/gate/output/projection/pixelNumberX 128
/gate/output/projection/pixelNumberY 128

By specifying a rotation of your SPECT camera, like 1 degree per second
and simulating a data acquisition of 180 sec, you obtain 180 projections / views,
which, properly ordered, allow a reconstruction into a number of slices
usually taken according to the size of the projections.

I hope this is helpful for the first steps!

Kind regards,

Uwe Pietrzyk