[Gate-users] GATE Installation Guide for Ubuntu

Bryan McIntosh mcintoshster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:03:42 CET 2010

It took a bit longer than I expected to make it, but I've finally
finished my installation guide for GATE 5.0.0.  This guide has been
tested on Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10, and should work for newer versions as
well.  Special thanks are due to Richard Berg for creating the GATE
4.0.0 install guide in August 2008; this guide is based heavily on it,
with a few updates and additions.

The .tar file also contains ECAT and LMF libraries with custom
makefiles that were included in the bundle that Richard Berg sent out
in 2008; I've duplicated them here so you don't have to search around
for the original posting.

If anything is missing, please let me know and I'll update it!

Wishing you all a prosperous 2010,

-Bryan