[Gate-users] startDAQCluster

J.W. Stevick jws37 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 15:50:10 CET 2009

I have a question regarding the use of the 'startDAQCluster' command for
parallel processing. Whenever I start a simulation macro with a non-zero
Virtual Start Time, the Gate job gradually eats up more and more memory
until the node finally terminates with the error "std::bad_alloc()". I
discovered this as I was using the JobSplitter ClusterTools application, as
it automatically sets the virtual start and stop times in each of the split
.mac files. The first job would continue to completion, but each subsequent
job would terminate. Finally, by manually changing the start times to zero,
I could get the other macros to run, but I have no idea why. If anyone has
any insight into this, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

-Joe Stevick

--
             \\|//
             |O-O|