[Gate-users] Creating a Y90 Ion source

Nicholas Forwood nforwood at stvincents.com.au
Tue Aug 25 00:26:02 CEST 2009

Thanks Erwann, I have since discovered that I didnt have some data files in my
geant4 directory. I downloaded them off the geant4 website and the decay of Y90
seems to work.

>>> erwann rault <erwann.rault at ugent.be> 24/08/2009 6:37 pm >>>
Hi Nicholas,

The production of betas should be included in the decay of Y90. I think
you should check the range cut you set for the electrons
(/gate/physics/setElectronCut range mm). If this value is too big, the
simulation of the electrons will be stopped and their energy locally
deposited.

I hope this will help,

Erwann.

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 08:52 +1000, Nicholas Forwood wrote:
> Thanks for that, I now see a lot of Y90 ions however another stupid question my
simulation does not seem to include any betas produced by decay of the Y90?