[Gate-users] Creating a Y90 Ion source

Nicholas Forwood nforwood at stvincents.com.au
Fri Aug 21 08:36:22 CEST 2009

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make a Y90  ion source in a water phantom however the
code does nothing. There appears to be nothing to track during the simulation.
Everything works as expected when using e- particles or gamma but the ion doesnt
function! I'm using Gate 5.0.0 and Geant 4.9.2

Here is the code I use to define my source

/gate/source/addSource Y90Source
/gate/source/Y90Source/setActivity 50. becquerel

/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/ion 39 90 0 0

/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/energytype Mono
/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/monoenergy 0. keV
/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/number 1
/gate/source/Y90Source/setForcedUnstableFlag true
/gate/source/Y90Source/setForcedHalfLife 233280. s
/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/type Point

/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/angtype iso
/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/mintheta 0. deg
/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/maxtheta 180. deg
/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/minphi 0. deg
/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/maxphi 360. deg
/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/centre 0. 0. 0. cm
/gate/source/Y90Source/gps/confine NULL

/gate/source/list

any help?

Cheers

Nick Forwood
Scientific Officer
Dept of Nuclear Medicine
St Vincent's Hospital

PH: (02) 8382 2659
FAX: (02) 8382 2619

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been virus
scanned and although no viruses were detected by the system, St Vincents &
Mater Health Sydney accepts no liability for any consequential damage
resulting from email containing any computer viruses.