[Gate-users] Cylinder source

Marc Chamberland mchamber at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Nov 11 22:40:21 CET 2008

Hi!

You're right, the source is stuck to the z-axis. But you can rotate
the axes! If you want to rotate the source along the x-axis you would
use the following command:

/gate/source/YOURSOURCENAME/gps/posrot1 0. 0. -1.

What posrot1 does is define a new x-axis, called x'. In this case, x'
is defined as being along the original z-axis (0, 0, -1). That means
your source is now along the original x-axis (

There is also a function called posrot2 which defines a vector in the
x'-y' plane. Using a combination of these functions, you can rotate
your source any way you want in 3D.

Hope that helps!

~Marc