[Gate-users] Transmission tomography

Javier Serrano fjaviersr at usal.es
Fri May 23 19:51:50 CEST 2008

> Richard Taschereau wrote:
> While it is technically possible to simulate an x-ray CT, the amount of photons you would need is prohibitive.

Yes, I think so too. I did try to simulate this with Geant4 some time
ago and I found this problem.

> Franca Cassol-Brunner wrote:
> this will be available in the next Gate release, where a CT system will be
> added.

This is very interesting for me, especially if the next release is
coming soon. I would like to simulate a CT system with Gate even with
a limited number of photons or projections. I will keep waiting for
the next release.

Thank you all.
Greetings, Javi.