[Gate-users] Fwd: voxellized phantom attenuation (no) problem:

ayanas at mail.med.upenn.edu ayanas at mail.med.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 5 17:20:56 CET 2008

 Dear Richard and fellow Gate'rs,

 I confirm the "bug" that when I remove the "f=0.0" lines from the
 GateMaterials.db, I get the numbers that I expect. For example for
 MCAT phantom I also got ~9% as you did.

 The GateMaterials.db that I have been using is the one that comes with
 the GATE source code. Therefore although I had noticed "0" fractions
 for some material definitions, I had never
 suspected that these would introduce any instabilities in the
 simulation results.

 I would recommend fellow Gater's, who are using the original GateMaterials.db
 file that comes with GATE source code, to check and remove any lines with f=0.0
 and correct the number of entries for this material for correct results until
 the problem is fixed.

 Thank you very much for helping to sort out this problem.,
 Best Regards,
 Ahmet.

 On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Richard Taschereau

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Ahmet Sedat Ayan, Ph.D

Department of Radiology
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Voice      : (++ 1 215) 349-5751 (W) (GMT-5)

----- End forwarded message -----