[Gate-users] some basic Gate installation questions

dan ma pegasusmd102 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 21:07:02 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I've installed Gate and run it in a new computer successfully, but I still have some questions about functions' differences between new installation and my previous installation in another computer.

first: When I compiled Gate, there are some warnings, which I mentioned in previous letters.

       src/GateVSystem.cc:71: warning: unused parameter ‘anOutputIDName’       src/GateVSystem.cc:71: warning: unused parameter ‘depth’       src/GateVoxelCompressor.cc:46: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type       src/GatePrimaryGeneratorAction.cc:91: warning: unused parameter ‘event’       src/GateCylindricalPETSystem.cc:169: warning: format ‘%u’ expects type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 3 has type ‘size_t’

second: when I'm using /control/execute to run the mac file written by myself, it always said
             "                 > *****OMMAND NOT FOUND <
               ***** Batch is interupted!! *****              "
              but there is no error when I pasted the commands line by line to run the simulation

third: In my previous simulations in another computer, there were updated informations after each timeslice, but when I install again in a new computer, there is no updated information between each timeslice, just shows total running time  in the end. However, the output files are all right.

Thanks,

dan