[Gate-users] help -- install GATE on winXP platform thru cygwin

Weixing Cai wxcai2005 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 19:42:11 CEST 2008

Hi, I am new to Geant4 and GATE. I have installed Geant4 successfully on winXP platform thru cygwin. I followed the GATE installation instruction and set up the correct env variables for $G4INSTALL and G4VERSION. However, when I tried to install GATE, syntax error is displayed when I try 'source env_gate.csh' or the cygwin window is closed automatically when I try 'source env_gate.sh'. So I can't continue any more.

Should I have to switch to a true Linux system instead of cygwin?

thanks!