[Gate-users] Information Request

Simon Stute gate.stute at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 23:56:38 CET 2008

Hi,

2008/1/24, sebnem erturk <sebnem.erturk at gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I  am using  SUSE10.3  and I would like to download GATE.
>
> Would you please inform me about the compatible versions of the
>
> 1)GATE ?
> 2)GEANT4 ?
> 3)ROOT ?
> 4)CLHEP ?
> 5)LMF ?
> 6)gcc ?     with SUSE10.3 ?

Everything is indicated on the gate website, on the download page (it
depends on what version of Gate you will use, but the most recommended is
obviously the last one 3.1.2 !)

I also. would you please inform me if there is a installation guide related
> with SUSE10.3.

There is not, sorry. You have to compile from sources clhep first, then
geant4, then root, then lmf, and finally gate. I think that Suse10.3 is the
last version so your gcc compiler version should be 4.1.x, it is good, it
works.

Good luck and tell us if you have problem.
Simon

Thank you very much for all kinds help and support in advance...