[Gate-users] Job splitting strategy for gated acquisition

Hannes Hofmann opengate at f00f.de
Tue Jan 15 09:57:44 CET 2008

Hello,

I am simulating a gated SPECT acquisition with the NCAT phantom.

My first (naive) approach was to start a job for every gate in every heart
cycle. That is jobs 8/s or 4800 jobs for the whole acquisition of 600s.

The projections last 20s and I would now rather like to start only one job
for each gate in a projection. That's only 8/20s or 240 total. (Plus it
saves me the work of merging the data from the same gates afterwards.)

Is there any restriction that stands against this second approach?

E.g. all counts of the last heart phase are detected in the last 2.5s of
each projection. Hence I would expect the last gate to have the fewest
counts, due to decay. But is this significant, it's only 18.5s late?

I appreciate your comments,
Hannes