[Gate-users] Transportation process

Marc Verderi verderi at in2p3.fr
Wed Jan 2 21:38:22 CET 2008

Hello,

The Transportation is the process that moves the track : ie the one that
actually cares of updating the coordinates of the track (an other
process may make little lateral moves in addition, this is the multiple
scattering). The Transportation is also the process that takes care of
the geometry by limiting the step on geometrical boundaries, in order to
garantee that, in a step, only one material type may be travelled
through. This material is used by the other "physics" processes for
computing the particle-matter interactions.

I guess that in Gate, hits record the process that limited the step. In
case no discrete interaction occured, the step may be limited at a
geometrical boundary, thus by the Transportation.

Marc