[Gate-users] Woobling movement error

Davi Ezequiel François davifrancois at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 19:23:31 CET 2008

Dear Gate Users,
We
were run a script with confine source function and it’s doesn’t
work when we confine this source with a phantom (attenuation’s
object) when these move with the wobbling function. We liked to use
the wobbling function for mimic the patient motion for product
artifacts in x plane. The script with this is show below:

# PHANTOM
# Create the phantom
volume
/gate/world/daughters/name
Phantom
/gate/world/daughters/insert
cylinder
# Define the dimensions of
the phantom volume
/gate/Phantom/geometry/setRmax
5.  cm
/gate/Phantom/geometry/setRmin
0. cm
/gate/Phantom/geometry/setHeight
20. cm
# Define the position of
the phantom volume
/gate/Phantom/placement/setTranslation
0. 0. 0. cm
/gate/ Phantom
/moves/insert osc-trans
/gate/ Phantom
/osc-trans/setAmplitude 10. 0. 0. cm
/gate/ Phantom
/osc-trans/setFrequency 50 Hz
/gate/ Phantom
/osc-trans/setPeriod 1 s
/gate/ Phantom
/osc-trans/setPhase 90 deg
# Set the material
corresponding to the phantom volume
/gate/Phantom/setMaterial
Water
#/gate/Phantom/setMaterial
Air
# Define some
visualisation options
/gate/Phantom/vis/setColor
blue
/gate/Phantom/vis/forceWireframe
# Attach PhantomSD to
record Compton interactions in the phantom volume
/gate/Phantom/attachPhantomSD
# SOURCE
# Add an extra object for
source confinement
/gate/Phantom/daughters/name
movsource
/gate/Phantom/daughters/insert
cylinder
# Define the dimensions of
the source volume
/gate/movsource/geometry/setRmax
2.  cm
/gate/movsource/geometry/setRmin
0. cm
/gate/movsource/geometry/setHeight
5. cm
/gate/movsource/placement/setTranslation
0. 0. 0. cm
When we confined the
source with the phantom and then we input the woobling movement with
10 cm for amplitude, the phantom moves well but the source was in the
same local.

Do you have idea
about what is wrong?  Or this function doesn´t work with
confinement.
Regards

Davi Ezequiel François

NIMed - Núcleo de Pesquisas em Imagens Médicas
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul
Av. Ipiranga 6681 Prédio 96A - sala 220 - Porto Alegre - RS - Brasil CEP 90619-900 - Fone: (55) (51) 3320.3682 R. 7813
http://www.pucrs.br/fisica/pesquisas/nimed/index.htm
http://www.pucrs.br/