[Gate-users] Running and validating GATE on a cluster

Hannes Hofmann opengate at f00f.de
Sat Sep 22 20:38:56 CEST 2007

Hello,

I successfully installed gate_3.1.1 on a compute cluster. After running
the SPECT benchmark on a single node I was able to validate the spectra
against the freshly released reference values.

However I am a bit lost with the validation of the output of
benchmark_projections. Is there some tool I can use?

Then I wondered how to validate a cluster installation, because the file
merger can only merge ROOT output, but the C programs use the ASCII
files. At least I found out that benchSPECT.C computes all the values
that benchmark_spectra computes and can be used for that part of the
validation at least.

Btw: What is the future of file merger? Are there plans on supporting
other output formats or will it be only ROOT in the short- and mid-term?

Thanks,
Hannes