[Gate-users] cold source within a bigger hot source

Giovanni Santin giovanni.santin at cern.ch
Fri Sep 7 19:37:10 CEST 2007

Dear Jean-Francois and Simon

Depending on the geometry model you have, sometimes it can be done also
with the "confine" method in GPS.

If you can define your cold region as a physical volume in the geometry,
you can use the confine command for the hot source, confining it to the
outer volume (by volume name).

In this way the inner cold region, which has a different volume name, is
not touched by the hot source.

I hope it helps
Best regards
--