[Gate-users] Choice of system

Suhaili Zakaria suhailiz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 03:35:29 CET 2007

Hi all,

I am new to GATE and GEANT. I need to clarify few things.

I want to model a single head gamma camera and simulate the interaction
inside crystal. What system should I use? Scanner or SPECThead? Is it
compulsory to assign each level of the system?

In the User's Guide version 3.0.0, SPECThead system has two levels: crystal
and pixel, but in page 62, there are three hierarchic levels: base, crystal
and pixel. If I model continuous crystal, do I need to include pixel level?
Can someone explain this to me?

Thank you,
Regards,
Suhaili