[Gate-users] help with install/linking GATE]

Nicolas Karakatsanis knicolas at mail.ntua.gr
Sat Apr 7 09:37:00 CEST 2007

Hi Carmen

my suggestion is to check your environmental variables and the order you
have defined them using either
the command export (bash mode) or setenv (csh mode).
Confirm that /usr/X11R6/lib is included in the variable: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
by running:
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Also confirm that there are no any other conflicting libOSMesa.so.4
libraries in other directories such as /usr/lib
Try placing the library path: /usr/X11R6/lib before the /usr/lib

I believe that you just need to define the library paths the correct way
and make sure that there re no conflicting libraries..
i do not think you need to recomplile mesalib or GATE again.
After that you should be able to run GATE successfully

Best regards
Nicolas

Nicolas Karakatsanis
PhD Candidate, Biomedical Physics
4 Peristaseos St, N. Ionia, Athens, Greece, 14232
Nuclear Imaging Medical Group
School of Electrical and Computer Engineer,
National Technical University of Athens
E-mail: knicolas at mail.ntua.gr