[Gate-users] Defining new material

k z ksz589 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 17:06:09 CEST 2006

Hi All,

  I am new user trying to model new detector materials for emission tomography.

  It is compound material AB4:(10%C) for instance, where this  material is doped with fraction of 10% C . I have read about defining new compound and materials but it is not completely clear how I can use  GateMaterials.db file as it is allowed to me to change the name of element and number of atoms.  What about specifying 10% of  C element for example?

  Also I may ask the developer who did CZT as it is similar thing.

  Has anyone come cross these things?

  Best wishes

  Karine