[gate-users] GEANT4 Installation Problem - Mac OSX

Manuel Bardiès manuelbardies at mac.com
Thu Sep 8 21:01:47 CEST 2005

Lol I'm promoting Theodore and Fernando to the grade of Mac geeks ;-)

Dave, please let me know how things go.
You should have no privilege problems inside your own directory.
If you still experience trouble:
1) Repair file permissions, launch /Applications/Utilities/Disk
Utility (gosh, I hope I've got the translation right...) and click
'repair files permissions'
or 2) type that command in a shell:
sudo chown -R davidy:staff /Users/davidy/geant4.7.1/ (and then input
your administrator' pass)
even though I don't see why files in geant4.7.1 do not belong to you...
or 3) try: sudo ./Configure -build (and then input your
administrator' pass)
then 4) keep in touch :-)

Cheers,

Manu