[gate-users] Maximum file size exceeded problem

Amarnath Srinivasan asrinivasan at hsc.wvu.edu
Mon Sep 20 03:32:51 CEST 2004

Hello Mr.Zhang and  Santin,

I have tried the compiler flags yet. But will try that tomorrow and let
you
know.
Santin, I would like to have the modified version of gate.It sounds very

interesting and I feel even one of the above mentioned feature
 can solve my problem. I would like to try that. If you can put it
online I
can download it or an attachment in email will also do.
So please let me know.

Thankyou
amarnath

>>> giovanni.santin at cern.ch 09/19/04 3:38 AM >>>
Dear Amarnath

I was not aware of any solution to this problem via compilation flags.
It sounds interesting.

Nevertheless, in the last days I wrote a few modifications to Gate to
have
an automatic file swap when the file size exceeds a user defined limit.

The old file fileCoincidences.dat is then closed and a new one
fileCoincidences_1.dat is opened.

This should work for both Coincidences and Singles.

The file size limit is set to 2GB by default, and the user can set it to
different value, or to zero (in this case no file swap is done).

In addition, there will be the possibility to choose the variables to
include in Coincidences and Singles ASCII files, with a mask.

I hope the new additions will come out soon in the next release, but we
still need to wait for some validation feedback as usual before
releasing
the code.

If the release will wait, I'll make the single modified files available
for testing.

Giovanni
Giovanni Santin
Space Environments and Effects Analysis
ESA - ESTEC - TEC-EES
Keplerlaan 1, 2200 AG Noordwijk, Netherlands
e-mail: giovanni.santin at esa.int
Tel: +31 71 565 6267
Fax: +31 71 565 4999