[gate-users] Re: [gate-devel] Never ending jobs

Corinne J Groiselle corinne.groiselle at umassmed.edu
Fri Oct 8 17:32:07 CEST 2004

That's exactly what I described last week, I guess, in one of my emails
to the list...
I am running series of 120 exactly similar 3D PET simulations, except
the random seed, and usually 5% are stuck and never end. Actually I say
never because they should be done in 15h and I kill them after 24h. Then
I re-run the 5% and they just go through!

Corinne

Delphine Lazaro wrote:

>Hi Gaters,
>
>I currently run GATE simulations on the IN2P3 Computing Center in Lyon
>(RedHat 7.3 ,gcc 2.96, GATE version 1.0). We observed that some simulations
>can stay a while without consuming CPU. The computation is going well at
>the beginning of the simulation and after some hours 'stops' and consumes
>no more CPU. We got no specific error message and this behavior is not
>systematic: we can launch in batch mode several jobs of the same simulation
>(just changing the random seed) and some of the jobs end correctly whereas
>the others stay in machine, without consuming CPU.
>
>Has anyone already encountered the same behavior when running GATE on a
>cluster?
>
>Thanks a lot,
>Delphine Lazaro

Corinne J. Groiselle, PhD
Research instructor

Division of Nuclear Medicine / Department of Radiology
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655
USA

_phone_: (508)-856-6123 - fax: (508)-856-4572
_e-mail_: Corinne.Groiselle at umassmed.edu
_professional homepage_: http://users.umassmed.edu/corinne.groiselle
_personal homepage_: http://corinne.groiselle.free.fr