[gate-users] Root

Corinne J Groiselle corinne.groiselle at umassmed.edu
Wed Jun 30 15:40:59 CEST 2004

Hello,

When you installed ROOT, before you installed GATE and compiled it, did
you set the following environment variables?

export ROOTSYS=$HOME/MonteCarloSimulator/root
export PATH=$PATH:$ROOTSYS/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib
export MANPATH=$MANPATH:$ROOTSYS/man

I would suggest to have them in your .bashrc file so it will be done
automatically.
Same with the CLHEP ones:

export CLHEP_BASE_DIR=$HOME/MonteCarloSimulator/CLHEP
export CLHEP_INCLUDE_DIR=$CLHEP_BASE_DIR/include
export CLHEP_LIB_DIR=$CLHEP_BASE_DIR/lib
export CLHEP_LIB=CLHEP
export PATH=$PATH:$CLHEP_BASE_DIR:$CLHEP_INCLUDE_DIR:$CLHEP_LIB_DIR
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$CLHEP_LIB_DIR

Hope this helps,
Corinne

Mr Elfatih Abuelhia wrote:

> Dear ALL,
> I'm still having the problem [Generation of the root output files]. My
> main directory is PDgeant4 The Gate installed under this directory and
> also ROOT. Trying to run benchmarkPET.mac,  the output section (root)
> is not executed (command not found)!! but all other Gate commands are
> executed.
> Elfatih

Corinne J. Groiselle, PhD
Research instructor

Division of Nuclear Medicine / Department of Radiology
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655
USA

_phone_: (508)-856-6123 - fax: (508)-856-4572
_e-mail_: Corinne.Groiselle at umassmed.edu
_professional homepage_: http://wachusett.umassmed.edu/~corinne/
_personal homepage_: http://corinne.groiselle.free.fr