[gate-users] regd GATE installation.

amar s sriamar at lycos.com
Wed Jun 16 20:04:02 CEST 2004

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install GATE . I using RedHat LINUX with gcc 3.2.

I get the following error when i try to run "gmake"

[amar at rayraylman1 gate]$ gmake
Using granular libraries ...
Linking Gate ...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibCLHEP
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [bin/Linux-g++/Gate] Error 1

my CLHEP is installed in

CLHEP_BASE_DIR=/home/asrinivasan/DOWNLOADS/CLHEP
CLHEP_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/asrinivasan/DOWNLOADS/CLHEP/include
CLHEP_LIB_DIR=/home/asrinivasan/DOWNLOADS/CLHEP/lib
CLHEP_LIB=libCLHEP

The folllowing files are present in CLHEP_LIB_DIR

libCLHEP-g++.1.8.0.0.a
libCLHEP-g++.1.8.0.0.so
libCLHEP.a
libCLHEP.so
libCLHEP-g++.a
libCLHEP-g++.so

I would like to know whatI should do link to this files. As well which of this is the expected CLHEP library.

Thankyou
amar