[gate-users] RE: GE Discovery ST

Mutanga Theodore muathe02 at student.umu.se
Wed Dec 22 12:09:34 CET 2004

Hello there

I write once again to ask about the technical details of the Discovery ST,
I have a design I have been using but I am not very sure if it is how the
Discovery ST is configured.

If you can tell me how the detector geometry is laid out I will be happy,
I know it has 24 crystal rings, with 420 detectors per crystal, I also
know that it has 6*6 crystals per block.But I am not sure how the blocks
are arranged into modules (buckets) in the axial and transaxial
directions, this is important to model the PM tube response.
I use STIR to reconstruct the images, but it seems I cannot get a suitable
interfile header file for use by STIR. Is it possible to have a sample
interfile header file from the DST scanner ?

Cheers

Theodore

 I will check.  I know we can archive sinograms but the name of the format