[gate-users] PET simulations duration

Corinne J Groiselle corinne.groiselle at umassmed.edu
Thu Dec 9 00:08:32 CET 2004

Hi,

It depends on the matrix size.
As far as I know there is no limit in the matrix size.
I guess the time I gave was for a 128x128x128 phantom 4 mm / pixel), but
I am not sure!

Corinne

Jingyan Xu wrote:

> Hi Corinne,
>
> For the voxelized phantom, does the simulation time depend on the
> matrix size of the phantom?  Or it only depends on the activity level,
> e.g., for the same activity level, voxelized phantom takes about 10
> times compared with analytic phantom.  Is there a maximum phantom size
> that Gate allows, e.g. 256 x 256 x 256?   Thanks.
> jy

Corinne J. Groiselle, PhD
Research Instructor

Department of Radiology / Division of Nuclear Medicine
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655
USA

_Phone_: (508)-856-6123 - fax: (508)-856-4572
_Email_: Corinne.Groiselle at umassmed.edu _
Professional homepage_: http://users.umassmed.edu/corinne.groiselle
Official UMASS faculty page:
http://www.umassmed.edu/faculty/show.cfm?faculty=731