[gate-users] GATE on a 64 bit Laptop

Bing Bai bbai at sipi.usc.edu
Mon Dec 6 18:18:18 CET 2004

Hello Gaters,

Just want to share this with the community.
I got GATE running on my Compaq Presario R3000Z laptop, the machine has:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
2GB DDR PC2600
SuSE Pro. 9.1
gcc 3.4.3 (installed separately)

The following softwares have been installed:
Geant 4.5.2, p02
CLHEP 1.8.0.0
DAWN 3.86a
ROOT 3.10
GATE 1.0.2 (with LMF and ECAT library from GATE website)

I had to modify some of the source code such as removing the extra `;' in
Geant4 code and some other stuff. But finally it is passed.

The nice thing is: I run the benchmarkPET and it took only 3 hours and 40
minutes! The CPU runs under 2.4GHz. I checked the results and they are all
within 1% of the standard
values given in the installation manual.

Hope GATE can work with Geant 4.6...

Bing

                   Bing Bai                        |

       Signal and Image Processing Institute       |
   Department of Electrical Engineering - Systems  |
         University of Southern California         |
            Los Angeles, CA 90089-2564             |