[Gate-users] Digitizer modules for Gamma-Cameras/SPECT

Träuble, Korbinian Linus korbinian.traeuble at tum.de
Thu Sep 15 10:52:56 CEST 2022

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply!
I’ve read your preprint and implemented the modules dead time and pileup.

However, I’m having trouble implementing the „Efficiency" module.
The closest module I could find in the docs was the crystal blurring module which has a setCrystalQE parameter.

But I don’t really understand the module. I don’t understand what the setCrystalResolution and setCrystalEnergyOfReference parameters are for.
I tried all kind of combinations by commenting out parts of the crystal blurring to compare the result. But all the time, the count rates were very low.
Even when I put setCrystalQE to 1.0 (so 100%) and did not use the CrystalResolution parameters, the count rate was still maybe 10% what the count rate is without the crystal blurring module inserted.

Can anybody help with this module or is there another Efficiency module in the digitizer?

Cheers,
Korbinian

Code of the module:
/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert crystalblurring
/gate/digitizer/Singles/crystalblurring/setCrystalResolutionMin 0.15 #I don’t understand those parameters
/gate/digitizer/Singles/crystalblurring/setCrystalResolutionMax 0.35 #I don’t understand those parameters
/gate/digitizer/Singles/crystalblurring/setCrystalQE 0.9
/gate/digitizer/Singles/crystalblurring/setCrystalEnergyOfReference 140.5 keV #I don’t understand those parameters