[Gate-users] QT plugin issue on ubuntu

Joel Daouk joel.daouk at univ-lorraine.fr
Tue Sep 6 16:19:31 CEST 2022

Dear Gate users

I just updated my Ubuntu distribution from "21.10 - Impish Indri" to "22.4 - Jammy Jellyfish".
It seems that QT5 plugin cannot start on this new version.
Has anyone faced the same issue ?

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "wayland-egl" in ""
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem

All the best,

Joël Daouk