[Gate-users] IMPORTANT Digitizer Modules to keep

Olga Kochebina kochebina at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 14:38:10 CEST 2022

Dear all,

As some of you know, currently we work on a new version of Digitizer in
GATE.
This important block produces Singles and Coincidences from Hits in your
simulations. It mimics the electronics/readout behaviors as well as light
propagation in a crystal, all kinds of efficiencies etc.
So far there are 37 Pulse Processors or Digitizer Modules, i. e. modules
that you can apply to your Singles to reproduce a detector behaviour (ex.
adder, readout, noise, blurring etc.).

We try to identify the Pulse Processors that are obsolete, not used or
duplicated.
This is why you received this email today: *we need your feedback !*

There is google document here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yrvtQW1xgBrwG-3kpkpyk9rQk1-VwLHbM3aZCMi5pxQ/edit?usp=sharing

All Pulse Processors currently existing in GATE distribution are divided on
4 categories: essential, optional, unused/duplicated and undocumented.
*Please, check and suggest to move a PulseProcessor from unused/duplicated
and undocumented to essential and optinal if you want to keep the
functionality in the next GATE releases otherwise it will not be supported
anymore in the future !*

In case you don't have a google account, I attach the same doc in this
email and you can send me your suggestions.

Please, answer this email *before the 30th of September*.

And almost forgot! It is possible that you will receive from time to time
in the future emails from me with a question like "If anyone uses this or
that Pulse Processor, let me know" before it is permanently removed.

Cheers,
Olga